Saturday, July 4, 2009

Long Time, No Blog

I know I haven't posted anything on my blog in 15 months, but I had a lot of pictures I wanted to share, and this is much easier than sending a bunch of emails. We had an eventful month. First, I was finally able to get some pictures taken of the kids, since I hadn't done any in over a year. And I hadn't gotten any of them together as a group in almost three years. We were way overdue for some pictures of the kids. And we did it just in time for Daria to do a haircut on herself and for Jaxon to lose his two front teeth.

























































Then Drew turned eight, quite a special birthday. For his big day, he requested a Ninja Turtle cake, and since his favorite is Donatello, purple was the headband of choice on the cake. Our resident artist who normally decorates the birthday cakes was busy working all day, so that left me to do the decorating. I looked online for a fondant icing recipe and did my own fondant from scratch and got this as the result. I must say I was quite pleased with how it turned out.



When Drew had his baptism last weekend, we had a great day. Kevin's family was there to support him.

It was a special time for our family as our first child got baptized because it gave us an extra opportunity to discuss some of the principles that we preach every week during family home evening.













After the baptism, everyone came over for refreshments. Drew opened some special presents, including the "Comforter" from Gma & Gpa Lewis and new scriptures from us.





No comments: